Friday, September 19, 2008

Two-fer One


These started out as a gift I thought might match a scarf that I knew my friend was going to receive from someone else.


I kept knitting and the second one looked like this (not a match, for sure).



So I kept knitting and the third one matched the first.



And the fourth one matched the second. See a pattern here?



So I ended up with a pair for my friend...



And a pair for me...


And the blue ones blend with a scarf I'm making! Sometimes the stars align.


Pattern:
Hands Up! by Aileen Cahill
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Sock Yarn, colorway #252 (100 grams)
Needles: #1 (2.5 mm) dpns
Comments: Am I tired of Noro yet? No.

8 comments:

Christy said...

You are the Noro Sock Yarn queen of the world! You must have tons of that in your stash, or else you have a good LYS who keeps you supplied. :) I love all your Noro projects. These inspire me to drag out my Kureyon Sock and give it a whirl.

Artseycrafts said...

Strange how every other one matches.(LOL) I really like your fingerless mittens.

Carie said...

Clearly it was meant to be - both sets are very pretty so you must be really pleased with them

Guinifer said...

Seriously! What are the odds?

Kathy said...

That's so cool the way they turned out.

Coincidence? I think not. (snicker)

And they're so lovely. I must try Noro some day.

puggerhugger said...

love ( 1 dingleberry zillion )

Maria said...

I wish I was that friend. I just finished a wrap with that yarn and the mitts would match perfectly!

Kathy said...

Something can be said for "Perseverance"....No??