Monday, September 22, 2008

Tres Trax Socks 2 - Finished


Yarn:  Jojoland Melody, 100% Wool Superwash,  colorway MS26
Pattern:  Tres Trax (see sidebar for free pattern)  It's a simple pattern, good for practicing purl stitching around corners.
Needles:  #1 (2.25mm) dpns
Comments:  This subtly changing coloring is somewhat like Noro's, only without the thick/thin variation that Noro has.  The yarn is fine and silky, and therefore slippery (at least for me) to knit with.  I found when I would drop a stitch, it would slide down more than two rows.  This may not be a problem if you use bamboo or wood needles.  The softness of the finished sock is really nice.
Aren't the color changes grand?



Still knitting...

12 comments:

Kathy said...

Simply lovely!

I love the pattern as well. And it works so well with the color changes.

Good work!

Dave said...

Love the subtle striping, and love how the texture pattern echoes the subtle striping! :-)

The stitches slither down more than two rows? Yikes.

Angelika said...

I like :)

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh I love those! Thanks for the beautiful pattern also. Now I just need to find the yarn.

Artseycrafts said...

Oh Kay, that is a beautiful pattern and gorgeous yarn. I like both very much.

Lynn said...

LOVING the socks! That yarn is gorgeous! I'll have to keep it in mind......

Deb said...

These socks & this pattern is beautiful! I love the colors....just like the colors of the changing leaves.

Carie said...

I see I'm not the only one who saw the colours and thought autumn leaves! - it's beautiful and thank you for such a great pattern

Kathy said...

Gorgeous!

Suzanne said...

Wow! Those are amazing socks! The color is beautiful, but the pattern seems to really set them off! Might try that one!!
:)
Suzanne

Guinifer said...

Thanks for the pattern - they're really pretty - I bet my Jojoland will work up nicely just the same.

Jen said...

I love those socks. The color changes! The pattern! It's all lovely.