Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Socks on the Line

Here's how my laundry room looks when I do socks. Weren't you just dying to know?This was from the first week of cool weather--before our current Indian Summer! I have tossed out my hand made wire hanger sock blockers--too much fiddle-faddle and then there's the problem of where to store those unwieldy, tangley things. Now I only block socks right after finishing them on a proper sock blocker. After that, they're on their own.



A new project started. Although the yarn is beautiful, I'm not sure it's the right yarn for this pattern. Maybe a multicolored sock yarn would be better. I'm thinking about that.



I'm also thinking about this Pagewood Farm sock yarn that lives in my stash. Luscious colors! Have any of you knit with this 80/20 Merino/Nylon? It's nice and squooshy. Of course that's a word.

9 comments:

Artseycrafts said...

I like your method of drying socks. Makes me want to add rods to my laundry room too. The yarn is gorgeous but I have never used it. Should be very nice.

Guinifer said...

I have some of that Pagewood, but I haven't used it yet....

Your drying socks look like a kids' book illustration - very cute.

Kathy said...

You are kinder to your socks than am I. I NEVER block mine. I only put them on the blockers for their official "coming out" photos. My socks want to move to your house..... :)

Dawn said...

I don't block mine either! LOL! I just shape them and hang them over the exercise bike to dry! ;O)

I passed along a blog award to you on my blog Kay. I read you all the time and enjoy your knitting. Your Melody socks were stunning! I have some of that yarn...how well do the socks wear?

pat said...

Isn't it fun to hang them all out together - such a pretty sight!
(I've never blocked a sock in my life!)
That blue sock yarn is gorgeous and being from Alaska - I love the name of it :-)

Kathy said...

I'm lusting after your laundry room.

I love how you hang them to dry. Mine are usually all over the house.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh I LOVE your drying method for socks. It's now on my plan for when we make over the laundry/basement next summer.

She Knits Socks said...

I have an old trunk that I put a beach towel on. Then I lay out my washed socks and leave them to dry.

I haven't tried that yarn, but I love the colors.

Erikitaroja said...

I really like your blog. You are inspiring me to make more socks. Yours are beautiful! I've only made one (yes, one) but I am feeling compelled to be a sock knitter!