Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Slip, Sliding Away...

I knit socks out of the same yarn some time ago and remembered my frustration as I got further into them. The yarn is quite fine and slippery on these needles. It's very easy to drop a stitch and when you do, the stitch slides quickly down several rows. I know I should have used wood or bamboo and didn't want to change once started. The colorway is so pretty but they will be fraternal socks.

And beneath it all, my St. Paul Chamber Orchestra season tickets for the Friday evening concerts! Calm in a troubled world.

5 comments:

Guinifer said...

So, you recommend wood needles for the Jojoland?

Artseycrafts said...

Your socks are pretty even though the yarn is slippery. Hmm, I think my son may go to that concert in St. Paul!

Missy said...

That's a really beautiful color.

Carie said...

I think the effort is definitely worth it despite the dropped stitches - the colour shifts are so very gradual, it's lovely

Kathy said...

I love the colors!

I really hate it when I see a dropped stitch on socks. Sometimes I don't catch it until I've knitted a couple of inches and have to tink back.

I'm living vicariously through you because I haven't had socks on the needles for a few months.

Keep up the good work.