Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Rainy Lake Weekend

Friends of ours have owned an island on Rainy Lake in Canada for many years. They are so good to invite us to share a couple weekends a year with them, and we do enjoy it! It's a twenty minute boat ride to the island (on a good day with smooth water) from the five mile dock in Fort Francis.

The cabin greets us; the windows seem to smile their welcome...

The island was called "Tar Island" because the fishermen used to tar their nets here, and remnants of that remain on the large rock in front of the cabin.

Our view each morning over the Labor Day weekend was breathtaking. I have uploaded a very large photo for your to see for yourself: Click the photo in this link twice to get the panoramic view. (Be sure to click twice on that photo, then you can scroll left to right to see the whole picture.)


We had spectacular Canadian sunsets...

The Judge did a bit of reading...

And we saw a young eagle from the front porch...

Later, I got as close as I dared while he just gave me the "eagle eye" (sorry, I couldn't help that)...
Hope you had a wonderful weekend, too!

5 comments:

Guinifer said...

He was a handsome young thing, wasn't he? We have them flying around a lot up at our lake place.

Jen said...

Looks like a wonderful time. Very relaxing!

Artseycrafts said...

Beautify scenery and great photos. I am glad you had such a nice weekend.

Kathy said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm envious!

I'm glad you had a good time.

Rocky said...

OMG, those views are just gorgeous and visibly pleasing!