Wednesday, September 17, 2008

An Old Handbook

The Handbook of Knitting and Crochet, published in 1918, is available at Project Gutenberg, where they have all sort of books you can download free of charge.I like the scarf (without the toothy edging and fringe, though)...

And this "Sport Scarf"


And the gloves are spiffy...

Child's mittens, too...

But Kneecaps? Haven't we seen this before?

This site is worth a look, although the patterns have the old needle sizing and you will probably have to figure out the gauge yourself. You might get some good ideas from it. Just don't tell me if you knit the kneecaps, okay?

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, the gloves! I loves the gloves!

I must go there and seek out those patterns.

Artseycrafts said...

Thanks for the website Kay. I downloaded it too. There are cute baby booties and bonnets but I also see fingerless mittens. Now if we could only find a document to convert needle sizes.(LOL)

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing the link...quite a find!