Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer's Almost Gone...

More photos of the very simple Bellini shawl after blocking. They don't show the purely decorative purl stitch I added down the center back as well as I would like, but you get the idea.

And below is the cotton sweater that was supposed to be finished in time for summer. Summer? Did I blink and miss it?

There's just one side seam to finish. And you know how much some of us don't like finishing.

I'm sort of uneasy abut the neckline. It looks so unfinished, but I saw a sample knitted up and hanging in Three Kittens yarn shop and it looked much the same. I have a little bit (possibly not enough) of the taupe yarn left and maybe, just maybe I could do a reversed stockinette rolled neck. I am undecided. I need help to finish this number.

Here's another timid venture into knitting with really, really skinny yarn--taking small steps toward lace, perhaps. Not that fingering weight for socks isn't skinny yarn, but in comparison this stuff is like knitting cobwebs!
I do like the fabric that emerges, though. I think I want a sweater out of it. Um, yeah. After the next gazillion projects that loom and haunt my dreams.

Still knitting...

4 comments:

Artseycrafts said...

Your sweater looks very professional IMO! Good job! I agree with the difference between fingering wt and lace wt. yarn. I may double my lace wt yarn and knit socks.(VBG)

Kathy said...

I really like the minimalistic treatment of the neckline. It goes well with the thin stripes. I like it just as it is!

Rocky said...

That lace is looking nice, I like that color.

Sally said...

I love the sweater, the pattern, the colors....so pretty.