Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Sneak Peeks

Here's what's on the needles now. Noro Silk Garden.After purchasing three skeins of the stuff, I noticed that each skein has only 300 meters of yarn! Holy Moly, Batman...that's only 328.084 yards! This calls for short socks (and me with my size nines). So I cast on 60 stitches instead of the 64, thinking that might help some. Stay tuned for the final outcome.

Also, there's a new free online knitting magazine that you knitters will enjoy! I heard an interview with Kate Gilbert on the Webs Ready, Set, Knit! podcast, and it sounded wonderful. It's called Twist Collective and features some really fine designers offering their patterns for sale. Here's the list of the people who make it possible.

4 comments:

Guinifer said...

No kidding, holy moly, only 300 yards? It was spendy too, right?

Artseycrafts said...

Oh no! I hope you have enough but 300 yards is rather scant for socks. I have a skein of Socks that Rock medium wt. with about the same yardage.

Deb said...

I'm dying to try the Silk Garden Socks - can't wait to see how your turn out!!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous! But whoa! only 300 yds? That's a bit of a letdown.

Good luck with it.