Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Little Cables - Again

Sometimes I just get stuck on a pattern. I really like this one, from an old booklet. I just love the way the little cables meander down this anklet.A few people have wondered about the Strong heel that I have used on several Noro socks and a another I've made. A basic sock pattern using this heel technique is found in Knitter's Magazine, issue 72, Fall 2003 (now out of print), but I just noticed that it is also used in the Roman Rib Socks in the Little Box of Socks by Charlene Schurch and Beth Parrott. The box of socks is really a nice selection of patterns, and I recommend it not just for the Strong heel, but for most of the patterns.

Still knitting...

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

You are amazing with these socks! That is a very pretty pattern. THanks for sharing!
Suzanne

Guinifer said...

I do believe you knit more socks than I do! Those are some pretty socks.

Carie said...

Another pair of lovely socks - what yarn as you using? it really makes the cables pop