Friday, August 22, 2008

Every Way Socks - 7th Pair Noro Socks!

Yup, more Noro socks. I started knitting them like this:

And realized that they might look good inside out as well (which really looks like the right side anyway):
You can scarcely tell the difference, even side by side.
So through bleary morning eyes, I could get a pair like this:
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Sock, colorway #245, 40% lamb's wool, 25% silk, 25% nylon, 10% kid mohair.
Pattern: My own serendipitously reversible, convertible sock/anklet pattern.
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns
Comments: I cast on 60 stitches instead of my usual 64 after I read the label noting that there was only 300 meters of yarn on the skein. The sock is plenty large, even with the decrease in stitches. This yarn felt thicker and more difficult to knit with than the Kureyon sock yarn. And I have two more skeins of it in my stash. Oh my.

Here's a closeup of the wrong and the right sides of each heel, both done using the Strong heel method. Note the large slubs.

Again, I made these convertible to anklets.



Here's the yarn I had left. Not much, huh?

6 comments:

Artseycrafts said...

Your Noro socks are very pretty and the colors match so nicely. You will have very warm feet next Winter.(vbg)

Jen said...

I love all your Noro socks! :)

Dave said...

They look wonderful! I'm very impressed that you were able to get them to match so well. No knots? :-)

Why do you say it was harder to knit with? Because it's thicker?

Kathy said...

As usual, your socks look beautiful!

I love that they're reversible, especially since I often tend to discover later in the day that I have one sock right side out and one sock wrong side out.

You could claim it was intentional so you could show both sides.

Carie said...

Despite all they say, there's never too much of a really good thing - and Noro fits into that category - gorgeous socks as always

Guinifer said...

How does the finished fabric compare? I do really love this pattern.