Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Bellini Lace Shawl - Modified

I'm really not a shawl person. It's not the "little old lady" thing that bothers me. When you get to a certain age, you mostly accept that you are one. It's that with it on I feel like I do in a hat--sort of pretentious--as if I'm trying to be someone else. Maybe that's not a bad idea these days.
Pattern: Bellini Lace Shawl (A Morehouse Original)
Yarn:
Morehouse Merino Lace (Saffron, I think) and Rowan Kidsilk Haze in colorway #582
Needles: #9 circulars
Modification: Added the Kidsilk Haze along with the Morehouse lace.
Comments:
Finished, but NOT blocked. If it looks better after blocking, I'll get photos of it.

Notice the hair ornament as a closure?
This is my mini-collection of hair ornaments. These would slip out of my fine hair even if it were long, so wearing them there is not an option. But all of these work for closures on knitted garments. My fave is the one in the middle with "diamonds." Oh!

5 comments:

Sally said...

In our chilly office we have a gal who literally wears a blanket. This would be a wonderful upgrade!

The yarn combinations really compliment one another!

s

Guinifer said...

I like to have them for the campfire at the cabin in the Autumn...

Artseycrafts said...

It's beautiful Kay - not "little old lady" to me.(vbg) You knit it very fast for it to be lace weight. I struggle with such fine yarn.

Kathy said...

I like it! it's not the least bit "little old lady."

And I like the idea of using hair ornaments. I have two freezer bags full of some that I can't wear because my hair is too thin. Great idea!

Kathy said...

Cute! Love the hair closures too. Great idea. I'm not a shawl person either --- wonder why I am knitting so many??? :)