Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Noro Socks (5th Pair) - Finished!

Yarn: Noro Sock, colorway 184
Pattern: Lake Geneva Socks, my own pattern available here as a pdf file. The only variation from the pattern was to knit a Strong heel.
Needles: size 1 (2.25 mm) dpns

Comments: The Lake Geneva socks are designed to be worn with the cuff up or down, since the pattern on the inside is quite similar.

Have I gone a bit overboard on the Noro socks? This is my fifth pair. Even though there was a knot in the middle of the foot (front sock) that left out a whole segment of patterning and also left the wrong colors with which to match up even slightly, I still like the outcome.

Here is a closeup of the Strong heel, which is not included in my pattern. I used this heel because the pink probably would have ended up only on the heel and not on the instep if it had been a flap heel. Although they don't match exactly, I expect they will look just fine in a pair of shoes. On a trotting horse, who will notice?
The best thing about these socks? Next winter they will be smashing with my Noro scarf!

8 comments:

Sally said...

What can I say? Your latest socks are fantastic and made even better when paired with the scarf.

Guinifer said...

Wow. I really like that colorway.

Artseycrafts said...

Beautiful sock but what is a Strong heel? The Noro scarf is also gorgeous.

Jen said...

I love the colorway too! The socks look so perfect with the scarf.

Kathy said...

You really do love Noro, don't you! You could be their poster child!

Gorgeous - as always.

Lynn said...

I LOVE the colors of Noro!!! Great socks!

Kathy said...

I love them.

You're going to be so fashion coordinated this winter.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

You're way ahead of me. Love the Noro colors. I hope to start mine soon.