Thursday, July 24, 2008

Looking Better

Just to let you know the sock I was so exasperated with yesterday is starting to look better to me (good thing I didn't rip it out). The color is slightly darker in this photo, since I was experimenting with exposure in order to get a clearer picture of the patterning.

It's a neat little Gansey pattern from a recent book by Lisa Lloyd. I emailed her because I noticed that some of the chevrons had more rows between them than others, and on my sock it looked like an obvious error. She emailed back and was so kind. She said she meant the pattern that way to liven it up, and that she needed to "shake things up in her old age." She was so personable and she is still young in heart and mind--she emailed me from her iPod!

In my usual way, I have not followed the pattern completely. Lisa's pattern is lovely; however, I needed to see mine in a symmetrical way. So my chevrons will all have the same amount of rows between them...that is, unless I make a mistake!

Still knitting...

6 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

This pattern does look good in a darker yarn. But did you say it's the same yarn you showed us in the previous post? Doesn't look it from here.

Guinifer said...

Well, now that is an entirely different color!

Artseycrafts said...

It's good you didn't frog it because it is looking great! I love Gansey patterns and this one is very pretty.

pjbknit said...

That pattern looks good, but I don't think I could tolerate differing numbers of rows, either. I made one of her patterns, and ignored the seed stitch parts.

Kathy said...

So glad you didn't toss it! I liked it before....and still do!

Kathy said...

I love the color, but you knew I would.

I didn't notice the difference in the pattern until you mentioned it. I'm not sure I would have followed it since I don't always *ahem* read ahead and often just blunder through with patterns.

It's really nice though. And your work is beautifully done.