Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Still Knitting...

I really am still here. And still knitting.
Socks. More about these later.
Another scarf.
My brother is here for a visit and we are just enjoying our time together. He was diagnosed with esophageal cancer a year ago--stage 4. He's doing pretty well, due to some aggressive chemotherapy and his positive outlook. I'm so thankful he is still here and we are able to do a few things together. Here we are at a young age:
Life is so very precious and way too short. Call your brother, sister, mother, father, or friend that you haven't kept in touch with. You'll be glad you did.

8 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Hope he's with you for many more years. It's possible. I have a sister that's finally talking to Mom. I think Dad's passing in Feb. had something to do with it. We should all not wait until it's too late.

(Now if only someone would tell my son.)

Guinifer said...

Oh my, you two were a handsome pair. Tell him you love him and then just enjoy each other.

Jen said...

Love the socks! And I love the picture of you with your brother. Glad you are able to spend some time with him.

Sally said...

The picture says it all, I can sense the love and admiration between the two of you.

I don't think your legs have changed a bit. They look the same in this photo and in your various sock shots.

How did you do that?

Dawn said...

What a great picture and I'm wishing the best for your family. It's always good to be reminded to reach out. Take care & Thank U.

Kathy said...

Life on this earth is just too short sometimes. Thanks for the closing sentiment....we all need to be reminded periodically.

Enjoy his visit.

keep the socks coming....i always enjoy a good sock photo...:) Will be thinking of you both.

Kathy said...

They are making so much progress eradicating cancer with each passing day. I'm living proof of that.

You and your brother will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love the socks and the scarf.

Lynn said...

Sorry to hear abt your brother, but its nice to see that you get to spend some time with him.

and great socks. is that Noro yarn?