Sunday, May 25, 2008

What? A Sweater?

It's just a simple sweater made with organic cotton. The fiber is organically grown (without pesticides) and naturally dyed, producing a fine stitch and a soft drape. Plus, and this is the best part, it feels good.

I know, it's been awhile since I've tackled a sweater. I do have a couple unfinished ones hiding out amongst my stash, and perhaps that's the reason for my apprehension about sweaters.
Also, I'm working on socks I've done previously, but I wanted to knit them once more before I offer the pattern. These are cotton, too. But not organic.
Summer knitting! What's your summer project?

5 comments:

Kathy said...

So - tell us more....what pattern? I used to fear sweaters too, but not any more. Hmmm.... what do I fear now?? I'll have to think about that.... Love the colors btw - totally "mine".

Artseycrafts said...

I am anxious to see more of your sweater. I used to knit socks all the time but now I like to knit sweaters. I am also trying to knit lace for the first time.

Angie said...

Your sweater is looking very nice. Your own pattern? I like the striping.

Guinifer said...

I really like the idea of that cotton - it's knitting up beautifully under your guidance. You may as well ask what is NOT my summer project, I am working furiously to get a few off the needles so I can start some summer fun things.

Lynn said...

that looks like a nice comfy sweater. As far as summer projects, just more of the same here in FL, socks and tanks.