Tuesday, May 27, 2008

An Old Sweater

Back in about 2005, I purchased this little box of patterns. I would recommend to the producers of this product that they put thumbnail views of all the patterns on the back of the box. If the box is sealed, you feel like you're buying a "pig in a poke," as my southern friend used to say.
And I really liked the top down sweater, so I knit it! Really!
Another view that is more indicative of the color of the Rowan kid classic yarn:Even though this sweater is supposed to be a man's, it works for me, since I don't like snug-fitting clothing, especially sweaters, and I like to wear a shirt under them. I highly recommend this yarn. It's a dream to knit and beautiful to behold when finished! There's another like it, in a different color, still on the needles but I knit the sleeves in the round rather than flat as the pattern was written--probably so that I didn't have to sew up the sleeves!.

6 comments:

Guinifer said...

Pretty! It looks like it was relatively easy too...

Sally said...

Two sweaters!!

Who are you and what did you do with our friend who knits scarves and socks?

Seriously, I love the pattern and with the temperatures back in the 40's you are probably wearing it.

Artseycrafts said...

Your sweater looks very professional. Great job!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

This sweater looks fantastic!

Lynn said...

Oh this is beautiful!!!! LOVE the color of the yarn!

Kathy said...

Very nice! I should give Rowan yarns another go--- The one and only time I knit with them I had several knots in each skein. Very disappointing, but I am sure just a fluke.