Sunday, May 18, 2008

Noro Striped Scarf - Finished (Again)

We just got back from a road trip to Lake Geneva and this was my driving-in-the-car project. A pair of socks (and possibly another pattern) is also in the works, and maybe even a vest.

For those of you who never get tired of looking at (or knitting) the Noro Striped Scarf, here's my fourth Noro Striped Scarf, unblocked:Just whatever possesses one to knit the same scarf over and over?
It's the colors.
It's the happy surprise of the combination of colors.
Nobody can take just one photo. For some reason the scarf seems to seep into the red jacket (well, I suppose it was the flash and not some sort of spell). But together they really please me.
Wisconsin is filled with lovely yarn shops and knitters I'd like to befriend. One goodie-filled shop was out in the country. My purchase was written up in longhand. Ten miles down the road I was calculating the tab in my head and, upon checking the bill, discovered that she had undercharged me by $20. I told the Judge we had to turn around and go back and pay her the correct amount. Of course, he immediately turned the car around (just like the husband in "Keeping Up Appearances") and we drove back to do the right thing. I think they were surprised.

Coming next: my yarn purchases.

7 comments:

Artseycrafts said...

Your scarf is beautiful - sooo colorful. I can understand why you enjoy knitting it more than once. Oh no, if your DH is like "Richard", don't tell me you are like Hyacinth.(LOL) I enjoy "Keeping Up Appearances" too.

Carie said...

Another beautiful scarf - it's no wonder you keep knitting them. I used to watch Keeping Up Appearances when I was small - it's filmed where I now live and if you've ever seen the one where they have to collect a speaker from the railway station - that's the station I commute to work from!

Kathy said...

You know that I love Noro scarves, but I want to see what you purchased...... !!!

Angie said...

Your newest Noro scarf is wonderful! The color combinations are so great and fascinating. I may have to stash some bright Noro for a change. :D

Guinifer said...

Let me guess - you bought some more Noro? The scarf is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Is the Noro Striped Scarf pattern available on a website? Thank you for the enjoyment of your blog. Corella

Lynn said...

Beautiful scarf! I have some Noro in my stash just waiting to be made into this scarf!!!! I have yet to see one I didn't like.