Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Up North Socks

Yarn: MC: Lana Grossa Meilenweit, colorway Marmi #7008. Colorway for toes, heels and top of leg: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Colorway 1105 (charcoal). Red stripes, Brown Sheep luxury sock yarn.
Pattern: My personal pattern.
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns.
Comments: These socks remind me of socks I wore years ago with Red Wing work boots while clearing the woods to build a lake home "Up North." Goodness no, I didn't clear the woods all by myself. But I learned this much: if a 70 year old tree falls in the woods, you not only hear it--you feel it thud to the ground.

The Ribbing
The Heels
The Toe

5 comments:

Guinifer said...

Those look like you could make sock monkeys out of them! (Blasphemy, cuz those are adorable!)

Angie said...

I love your Up North socks! Great colors and design.

Jen said...

I love the Up North Socks!

Kathy said...

You really are becoming a sock aficionado...perfecting just the most beautiful patterns. Again...gorgeous!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Nice warm socks to boot. Love the touch of red in 'em.