Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tres Trax Socks - Finished!

Yarn: Trekking XXL, colorway #76
Pattern: Tres Trax Socks
Needles: #1 (2.25 mm) dpns

Comments: The subtle striping in this yarn shows up well in the purl stripes (although not in these photos). The yarn feels like sturdy stuff and is not as soft as some.

When I started knitting socks, I made the my first two pair in beginner patterns. The patterns were in detail, on several pages, and were very helpful in learning the basics of sock knitting. Then I looked for patterns that were in between beginner and advanced. There were not very many that would allow me to ease into more difficult patterns. So I decided to write a couple patterns that incorporated simple knit and purl stitches in a pattern that would help ease a knitter into more advanced patterns. This is the second of them, and I plan to have the pdf file added to the sidebar on the right soon.
So now, back to plain old standby stockinette socks for summer.

4 comments:

Debra said...

#76 is an awesome Trekking colorway-- subtle and beautiful!

Kathy said...

More beautiful socks.... :)
k

Jen said...

Oh, I might need that Trekking colorway. It's beautiful!

Guinifer said...

The closeup of the purple socks is really a knockout photo.