Thursday, April 10, 2008

Plain White Socks (Again) - Finished!

Plain white socks can take a long time to finish. It's not that they are difficult and require lots of attention. It's just that they are pretty boring to make. So you pick them up only when you need some bubble gum knitting. Come to think of it, I do a lot of that sort of knitting. Anyhow, it took me longer to make these socks than it should have, and that's my excuse.Yarn: Maizy (82% Corn Fiber, 18% elastic Nylon) - two 50 gr balls at 204 yards each.
Pattern: My own basic sock pattern
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns
Comments: This yarn splits somewhat and it has the added element of elastic, so knitting with it has a little different feel than a wool sock yarn. Very little yarn was left, so if you were going to make a more patterned sock, you might need more yarn.
Here's a closeup of the cushy Maizy socks, unblocked.
Here's a couple things that were distracting me from finishing the above.
I haven't made the recipe yet, but plan to make it soon. It's from an excellent blog that's been a must see on my rss reader for several months now. You will enjoy this.

4 comments:

Guinifer said...

I LOVE the Pioneer Woman - she just cracks me up - and yummy recipes too! I used her recipe to make a beef tenderloin and boys was I popular!

Alice said...

I can't believe I've never seen handknit plain white socks! Yours are great though--I bet the corn fiber feels so good.

Jen said...

I love the white socks! I never think to knit plain colored socks, but they are so lovely.

Lynn said...

Found you off of ravelry because I have some of this yarn. How long are your cuffs?
they came out great. It's hard to find true white socks that have been hand knit.