Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Tip of the Proverbial Iceberg

"Today I opened one of my sock yarn cupboards and just inhaled the lavender and squeezed various yarns and thought of new socks. "

I wrote the above to a Ravelry friend who is spending the week at home after a few days in the hospital. She asked what I used for my lavender and if she could see a photo of my sock stash (WHAT?). So, Sally, to make you feel a bit better, the doors to this cupboard are open and you can click on the photo to get a closer look at this jumbled mess. You'll have to imagine the lavender scent.

Of course, I could have straightened it before posting, but all you knitters might not have believed that as normal anyway.

One can add yarns individually to their stash on Ravelry and display them neatly to the world. But I double-dog-dare ya to open your doors, drawers, cupboards and totes to the blogknitters of the world.

And that ain't all, folks!

Get well, Sally!

4 comments:

Carie said...

You're a braver girl than I - my sock yarn stash is cleverly divided so that it can never all be seen in the same room at the same time!!

Guinifer said...

Hah! But my sock yarn is scattered over many different storage areas. (Although, I do love your lovely cupboard).

Anonymous said...

Why is that some things are so soothing; a cup of tea, warm sunshine on your back, the smell of freshly baked bread and a cupboard full of lavender scented yarn?

Thank you Kay!

Sally

Kathy said...

Looks pretty neat to me! Perhaps I may flash some of my stash....we'll see...