Saturday, March 08, 2008

A New Start on Embossed Leaves



I have restarted the Embossed Leaves Socks in a different yarn. The color may not be as attractive for the pattern, but I'm on my way. A lighter color might have been more pleasant.

I made the ribbing half an inch shorter than it said in the pattern. To follow the pattern would have made the socks slightly different in appearance than shown in the book's photograph, even stretched over my foot. I didn't search for errata, though, and that's something a person might want to do before starting a pattern.

5 comments:

Jewels said...

I enjoyed looking at all your gorgeous projects in your blog today. Found the link thru the sock podcast readers.

Guinifer said...

I made a pair of these over a year ago - I didn't find any mistakes in the pattern (I knit them from the book, not the magazine) - I think that difference between photo and pattern does happen from time to time.

Kathy Wajerski said...

I love the pattern and think the socks look great in that color. But you know how much I love earth-toned colors.

How satisfied are you with the pattern? Is it easy to learn? Any difficulty following it?

Kathy said...

Thumbs up for the color....! I knit mine from the magazine, and did not find any errors either. It is one of my favorite lacey patterns. Enjoy....
k

Jen said...

Love the sock! I have knit one of these socks, but then Second Sock Syndrome hit. I don't know, I had a hard time memorizing the pattern and it was taking me way to long to knit. Maybe soon. It is a very pretty sock! :)