Friday, March 07, 2008

Curses--Frogged Again!

I really like the Embossed Leaves Socks from Interweave's Favorite Socks book.

But I used the wrong yarn. The yarn I chose was not fingering weight, as I thought, but light sport yarn (whatever that is) It felt pretty firm--but my brain was not firm--just dense--when I started these.

Here it is before the plunge into the frog pond. As with lots of things in my life, it's been a "learning experience." Look for this pattern at this site again soon! Only with sock weight yarn.

2 comments:

Guinifer said...

I end up with socks like that every once in a while - if I like 'em I keep knitting and I have a nummy pair of bedsocks.

Kathy said...

This is one of my favorite patterns. You will love them. Do the toe as written - it really adds to the finished look.