Sunday, March 23, 2008

Cosmic Purl Socks - Finished!

Yarn: Trekking Hand Art, colorway #503, called Karibik.
Pattern: My own
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) dpns

Comments: The yarn is hand dyed, and I took advantage of the intermittent dashes of lighter blue by purling these stitches. It gives a slubbed texture to the sock and helped to keep me from nodding off as I knit my usual stockinette socks.

Knitting dark colored yarn is hard on the eyes, and photographing it is another challenge. I do like the finished product, however.

Here's a closeup of the purled stitches.
I did not purl the soles and toes.
On the feet they feel fine!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great idea! Very inventive of you....and a great pair of socks!

Carie said...

That's a really clever idea - I love the slubby texture you get

Angie said...

interesting idea! Lovely socks.

Guinifer said...

I like that idea quite a bit. The socks are great.

Agnes said...

I like this midnight blue colourway! It's interesting that I find most of the Trekking colourways I saw on the web very lovely but I haven't used this yarn yet! Though I do have 2 balls in my stash ... time to knit faster! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Kay,

Beautiful use of color and texture to purl in the light blue!

Cheryl Virginia D