Sunday, February 24, 2008

Overdosing on Yarn--Again

We took a leisurely drive to Zandy's this afternoon and if anyone is surprised that I found sock yarn, raise your hand. That's what I thought. No hands.

The Fortissima Socka is wool and cotton with a bit of poly and elastic. It's an Italian yarn. Both the blue and the gray are flecked with black, so my plans are to accent these with the black. I can't seem to bring myself to knit all black socks. Want me to go blind?

The Soxx Appeal, which I have not knit before, is Merino, nylon and elastic.

And the Trekking is undyed sock yarn. I'm thinking it would making some very lovely cabled socks. Besides, it was fairly inexpensive, compared to the colored yarn.

And here's an early evening view peeking out my office window.

4 comments:

Guinifer said...

Can't wait to see the lovely patterns you come up with!

Kathy said...

Sock yarn, sweater yarn,....any yarn...isn't it just FUN to bring it all home! Look forward to seeing your new creations.

Your office view is lovely. Lots of snow out there!

Jen said...

Nice yarn. I think the colors are lovely!

Kathy Wajerski said...

I don't think you can overdose on yarn. I think it's one of those things the body naturally adjusts to so you can never be overwhelmed.

Just sayin', you know.

I can't wait until I've knitted most of my stash away so I can go on binge...I mean shopping trip...well, heck, you know what I mean.