Thursday, February 14, 2008

Noro Socks #2 - Finished!

At the Foot of the Rainbow

No, it's not Christmas again (and a good thing, too). But wouldn't they make terrific Christmas stockings?

Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn, colorway KS-S102
Pattern: My own usual boring stockinette pattern
Needles: #1 dpns

Comments: I'm hoping the weaving on the toe holds, because the yarn broke off half an inch from the toe. I did my best to ply it together and weave in the ends, but we shall see. It did survive the first washing.

The colors on these are really bright. I'm not sure I would choose it again. However, I have more Noro sock yarn in the wings--but in a more subdued version.

Something I find really interesting about this yarn is how light it feels in the skein and to knit, but how very warm the socks are.

4 comments:

Guinifer said...

That Noro is really skinny sock yarn - I really love the colors - warm you up on a chilly day.

Kathy said...

Is breakage a common problem with the Noro sock yarn? I had problems with my cast on while using Donegal Tweed. My splicing skills are pretty nonexistent, so I just started over.

Really like your finished socks, which is amazing....since I am usually so color shy.

k

Jen said...

I love the socks. It makes me want to knit with my Noro sock yarn.

pjbknit said...

Lovely, I think that I am going to make my Noro socks in plain ol stockinette, too. I too want to start now. Thanks for reading my blog.