Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Summer Cotton Socks - Finished!

It's either way too much light....or not enough. So much for my photography skills.
Yarn: Katia Mississippi 3 Print, colorway 201 (60% cotton, 40% acrylic)
Pattern: My own
Needles: #1 Susan Bates Quicksilver dpns

Comments: They feel soft and cushy. I have used this yarn before for socks. See here. But I gave those socks away, so this time I'm going to wear them and see how well they hold up. And I have more skeins for another pair. Ever since I learned to do the kitchener stitch, I have been doing my toes in that fashion. They are smoother and might fit into my shoes a little better. But I still miss the rosebud.

6 comments:

renee said...

It's almost impossible to get good light for pictures these days! I am looking forward to the days when we have sunny, long days again for many, many reasons.

Guinifer said...

Those look awfully comfy. I get really frustrated trying to photo my stuff as well. I have a lot of lights rigged up - but no lightbox yet.

Kathy said...

Rosebud?

I have a horrid time with photos. Sometimes it's just so frustrating!

The new socks look very comfy.

Carie said...

Either way they look really comfy and cozy!

Jen said...

You are a sock knitting machine! I love these new ones.

Kathy Wajerski said...

I keep saying that I'm going to make a light tent but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Everything I take pictures of comes out way too dark.

The socks look great. And I love kitchener. I sometimes think I knit socks just so I can graft the toes.