Saturday, January 19, 2008

Noro Socks - Finished!


Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock , colorway #S149
Pattern: My own
Needles: Susan Bates Quicksilver #1 dpns
Comments: Ooooh. These socks feel good. Never mind that the yarn looked and felt like string in the skein.
The Noro Effect. It draws you in, beguiles and mesmerizes as you knit to the tune of fascinating color.
Before I knit with Noro, I thought the yarn must be overrated and most certainly overpriced. But I am completely won over.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I chose a color immediately passed over by most people . My sock drawer is filled with lovely colored socks, some bright and some muted, and all to my liking. But there are select pairs that I choose first because they go with my clothes! The rainbow-colored socks seemed like a good idea at the time, but they are not the ones that get the most wear. It's the neutrals and the blues that mostly work with my wardrobe (with an occasional red). And I wear my hand knitted socks every day in the winter.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

OH Kay!

I really, Really, REALLY like those socks! Ditto for the shoes too. :)
k

Guinifer said...

Sure, the socks are great, but where'd you get those cute shoes?

Kathy Wajerski said...

What everyone else said. You know that I love earthy colors a lot so those socks really rate with me.

And I want some shoes like that.

Jen said...

I love the color!

Artseycrafts said...

Very nice socks! When I saw your comment at Kathy's blog, I noticed you live in St. Paul where my son and grandsons live too. He doesn't blog so it's good to see what is happening in St. Paul.(vbg)

Debra said...

Love the socks & love the shoes!!! :)

Have you washed them yet? If so, how much did they soften up? Any other detectable change in the socks?

pat said...

I've made a hat and mittens from that same wonderful colorway of Noro - LOVE it in socks too!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I love the socks AND the shoes!

sheila said...

Those socks look great and I want those shoes too!

Cinnamonamon said...

I have the same colorway -- it was my immediate favorite when I saw it. I can't wait to cast on for real, lol Do you like the fabric knit on 1's? I'm swatching on 0's right now -- I really want to make sure I get a nice dense fabric.