Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Hokie Scarf - Finished!




Yarn: Blue Sky Sport Weight baby alpaca colorway #512 and 531.

Pattern:
My own

Needles:
Bryspun #7








Comments: This yarn is like butter! Soft and beautiful to work with, it behaves like alpaca--which it is!

This scarf is for my dear granddaughter, who will be starting at Virginia Tech in the fall. I'm hoping it will keep her warm on those nippy winter days all through her college years and that she will pass it down to her children when they follow her to the same school!

Now I need to block it and send it off to Virginia...I hope she likes it.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Love the scarf!

Guinifer said...

So beautiful - the striping is really nice.

Kathy Wajerski said...

I love it. It looks so soft and the striping is great. Did you have a method to it or was it just random?

Great job!

Kathy said...

Kay,

Love the unusual stripping. She will be the envy of all her friends. Be ready for requests..... vbg

Funny, I am currently working with a "butter-like" alpaca also. Beautiful fibers.

Lauren said...

Grandma Kay-

I absolutely adore the scarf! The differences in the stripes are really cute. It's really soft and has already been helpful this winter. I know Virginia weather is nothing compared to weather in Minnesota, but I can pretend that we have harsh winters here. I'm looking forward to boasting my unique scarf at all the Virginia Tech football games! Thanks again :D

-Lauren