Thursday, December 20, 2007

Two FO - La-La-La-La-La!

Here's the second of these scarves I've made (the first one I gave to my sister):
Pattern: Morehouse Farms Knit/Purl Scarf
Yarn: Morehouse Farm Merino Morehouse Merino 2-Ply in Oatmeal colorway
Needles: #5 Addi Turbos
Comments: Instead of the two skeins as came in the original kit, I used three skeins. This made the scarf very long and rather luxurious looking. Morehouse Farm has the loveliest Merino. It's a joy to knit, has a beautiful "hand," and has to be the best smelling wool available! I think this photo captures the essence of the stitch pattern, which is the same on both sides.

The second finished object is this reversible cable scarf:


Pattern: Onduleux Cables by Angela Johnson at Yarn Garage
Yarn: Shi Bui Sock in Rapids colorway
Needles: Susan Bates #5 Straights
Comments: I altered the pattern, which was written for thin worsted weight yarn, to fit the fingering weight yarn. Really like this pattern, too, as it is also reversible.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Both scarves are just lovely. So beautiful!

Guinifer said...

Hmm - I see a color theme here. They are both lovely.

Pat said...

I LOVE Morehouse yarn/patterns too! (I've made "Duotone" and several hats/mittens) I think I'm going to play follow the leader with you again and get this Knit/Purl pattern - Yours is gorgeous!
(I'm still waiting patiently for my cable scarf pattern)

sheila said...

I love both of those scarves! Great work!

aj said...

I'm Angela Johnson, the designer of the Cabled Scarf pattern! I *love* how it looks in the sock yarn. Beautiful job!

Corella said...

Thank you for our knitting conversation at the grocery store this morning. Appreciating your blog. Neat patterns, ideas and photos.