Friday, December 07, 2007

Ruching Around

Starting another scarf before finishing two that are already on the needles is probably not prudent. But this scarf spoke to me, with its ruching between rows of garter. Even the back side of the scarf has an interesting texture.

Using fingering weight yarn and with a few minor changes to the pattern, the scarf is taking shape rather nicely. I am totally enjoying the knit. If it turns out the way I hope it will, I've got lots of sock yarn backed up in the stash to make another. And another. And another.

Seems like a good way to use some of that sock yarn that is way too beautiful to tread on.

4 comments:

Guinifer said...

You ARE the princess of scarves!

Jen said...

Another lovely scarf creation! I love that red!

Kathy said...

So - you will have to let us know your formula. Do you need multiple skeins of the same sock yarn..... I have tons of sockyarns stashed, but only singulars. Inquiring minds want to know..... :)

Pat said...

Beautiful scarf start!