Thursday, December 13, 2007

Reversible Cable Scarf in Progress


I know some of you have seen this in my Ravelry projects (my name there is keredding), but for those of you who are pure blog readers, here is the latest on this scarf progress. Not much, to be sure, but it's moving right along.

The cables look the very same on the back as on the front, which I find really attractive.

Here's something I originally read in the New York Times about the aging brain. It mentions, among other things, knitting to help keep your brain agile, even in the face of certain brain diseases. Here is the same article in the International Herald Tribune. We knitters suspected all along that knitting was good for you, didn't we?

7 comments:

Dave said...

What a wonderful look scarf -- great colour, and great pattern!

Guinifer said...

Yep. Me, knitting and Sudoku puzzles, we are planning a long old age together.

Kathy said...

I am one that saw it on Ravelry, but another gander was great fun! It's so pretty - again another project that I would enjoy too!

Debra said...

I love reversable cables-- especially in scarves and cardigan edges. They're just cool!

One of the early, early Interweave Knits magazines had a nice article by Lilly Chin on reversable cables. 1992, maybe? :) I bet the textile center library has it.

Jen said...

I am in love with your scarf!!

Pat said...

THAT is a luscious looking scarf - the prettiest "reversible cable" I've seen. I went straight to Ravelry to find out how to get the pattern - is this it??
http://www.yarngarage.com/store.html

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Really love the scarf. It looks like it's going to be nice and warm also.