Sunday, December 02, 2007

Beautiful Wool

There's a new yarn shop in Minneapolis called Bella Lana (Italian for Beautiful Wool). Everything is white--except the yarn--and the shop is illuminated by round white lanterns completely filling the ceiling, corner to corner. It's one of the prettiest shops I've seen and the selection of yarn is very nice, some of which I hadn't seen before. I purchased some Bryspun needles, not always easy to find in the city, and they also have my favorite double points, Susan Bates Quicksilver.

Here's something else I found there this afternoon:It's a small velvet bag with beaded handle and a beaded scroll design on both sides--perfect for one sock in progress at the symphony, your lipstick and comb!One of the customers sure looked like Annie Modesitt. I was too shy to ask. Was that you, Annie?

4 comments:

Guinifer said...

Oh, I've wanted to check this place out for a while. It sounds absolutely beautiful. Did you buy any yarn?

loosepurls said...

Oh my! Bella Lana looks absolutely beautiful (as does your bag)!! Thanks for the tip on the new store...I know where I will be next Saturday!!

Jen said...

Hooray for a new yarn shop! That bag is beautiful!

lv2knit said...

Be still my heart! A new knitting shop??!!?? How did this get past my radar? M...U...S...T S...E...E S...H...O...P!!! M...U...S...T G...O N...O...W!!!