Monday, November 26, 2007

More Scarves and some Wooden Tools

Here's the little Christmas tree in my office. Look carefully underneath and you will see--what! Not another Noro Striped Scarf! Egad, woman!
Also there's a narrow cabled scarf in the works:Notice the Brittany cable holder, which is really cool. The stitches don't fall off because of the nature of the wood and also the center section is slightly narrower than the ends. Real nice tool.

This must be my year for wooden tools. I also got a niddy-noddy. It came with minimal instruction and is unfinished. Should I finish it and if so, how? A wax finish? Oil finish? Varnish? I went to a woodworking shop and the myriad finishes simply confused me. Confusion ensued as I tried to explain a niddy noddy, too. Guess I will have to bring the tool in to the store with a ball of yarn wrapped around it.

5 comments:

Guinifer said...

Egad woman is right!

Also, where did you find your Niddy Noddy?

Kathy said...

Aren't the scarfs addicting?! What yarn are you using for the newest rendition?

Love the Mallard version in the previous post. He wears it well indeed.

The cable scarf you have started is just beautiful also.

I have a Nostepinde. It came unfinished. DH spent a long time rubbing it with linseed oil. He re-treats it every year or so - to keep it from drying out and cracking. Might be good for your NiddyNoddy too.

Jen said...

I am liking the new scarves...and the niddy noddy!

pat said...

You are sure on a nice scarf roll! The blue cabley one is really pretty!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I think this is the "year of the scarf" anyways. I love the narrow cable scarf you're knitting right now. Nice color too.