Monday, November 19, 2007

Fingerless Mitts - Finished

Pattern: Kim's Sockotta Fingerless Gloves

Yarn: Mae 100% Alpaca, from Rum River Alpaca Ranch in Oak Grove, MN

Needles: #1 Pony Pearl dpns

Comments: The pattern was for fingerless gloves, not mitts, and it is written for 2 circs. My version is fingerless, with ribbing at thumb and fingers and the addition of embroidered daisies with a small bead at the center. The yarn is soft and feels wonderful on the hand, but it is not very forgiving of any knitting irregularities. And there are a few.

The pattern is straightforward, simple and fine. But because I decided to do this on dpns, rather than 2 circs, the translation from one to the other was done in my head (not a good choice) and adding to my befuddlement was my substituting the fingerless ribbing. My recommendation? Next time just follow the pattern!

5 comments:

Debra said...

I bet they feel lovely next to the skin!

Guinifer said...

They are adorable!

renee said...

Your embroidery is gorgeous!! Very nice job.

Kathy said...

Very elegant! Just gorgeous!

Jen said...

Love the mitts!