Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Three Little Bags

Pattern: Jewelry Bag from the book Felted Knits by Beverly Galeskas.

Yarn: Noro Aurora Color #2

Needles: Size 10 Addi Turbo circs

Comments: These bags are for the gals in my book club. Three of us made three bags each so that all nine club members would have a bag after our Fall Retreat. I thought mine were such a boring color that I added the little button at the top and the ribbon fit perfectly through the button slots. We also added the individual's initials at the end of the ribbon ties.



Here's a pretty good closeup of the button, although you can't see the initials on the ribbon too well.

This is my first felting project since the doomed BIG BAG. Even though the yarn didn't felt as much as we had hoped, I still am satisfied with the finished product and may do some more felting one of these days.

I sure hope they like them.

5 comments:

Guinifer said...

Those are really cute. I've been disappointed with Noro felting too. I still love the colors, just wish the fabric had felted more.

sheila said...

The little bags look great! I think the yarn you chose works great, even if it didn't felt as much as you would have liked it too! It gives them a softer look!

renee said...

I think the bags turned out really well! I'll bet they love them. I bought some of that Aurora to felt up too - I'll have to dig that out and knit it up one of these days.

Jen said...

I sure like them! Very pretty.

Kathy said...

These are very pretty! Love the personalization with the initial beads. I love "boring" colors -- just my preference I guess -- and I think these bags are so cute.