Wednesday, October 24, 2007

October Sunset Socks

These socks are like an October sunset. Soft and gently colorful.
Yarn: Trekking XXL, Colour #160
Pattern: My own, with Gerdine Strong's heel applied
Comments: The Strong heel requires no picking up stitches for the gusset, but it does require a bit of attention to the corners of the gusset when you move down the foot. At least that has been my experience. The sock fits nicely, and I experimented with the number of stitches to Kitchener at the toe. For my feet, 8 seems like not enough, so I went with 12 stitches at the toe this time and like the fit much better.
Here's a closeup of the Strong Heel gusset:
If any reader has experience with this type of heel, please leave a comment!

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

No experience, but it looks quite nice. I'm so used to my heel flap and gusset that I can't fathom how this is constructed!

Jen said...

I have experience with that kind of heel, but it looks very cool. I love the colors in your socks too!

pat said...

I have never heard of or seen this heel before - I'm going to google it right now...
Your socks are beautiful!