Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fingerless Mitts - In Progress

This is my first attempt at Fingerless Mitts. The ribbing looks crooked, but I think I yanked the glove on in a hurry. Seems like taking photos is not one of my favorite things.

Anyhow, the pattern is for fingerless gloves, but I didn't want little part-fingers on this one. And I didn't want mittens, either. in Minnesota this time of the year you need a little something to keep your hands warm, but it's nearly impossible to drive while wearing mittens or gloves. Maybe even illegal. Don't quote me on that.

Oh, and it's very, very plain, as you can see. I like that. But then I might be overdosed on wildly beautiful patterned knitted items, having been immersed in Ravelry way too much.

I plan to make a scarf to go with the mitts, but haven't decided on the pattern yet.

6 comments:

Guinifer said...

I always think solid white or off-white knitted items are particularly elegant in appearance.

Jen said...

I think your fingerless gloves look great. Very elegant. I might need some of those! :)

Kathy Wajerski said...

I was just thinking this week of making a pair of fingerless mitts. Yours look so cool. I don't like the fingerless gloves much. If I'm going to put that much work into separating the fingers out, I might as well finish the fingers up.

Yep...gotta get me some of those. :-)

Kathy said...

I think they look very elegant. The "Halo" shows - and makes them look so very soft! And, I personally love the "color".
k

pat said...

Perfect! Simple and beautiful!
That is how I will make my next ones - no fiddly fingers!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

They are nice! I made 25 pair last year for gifts & 2 pair for ME. My DH even loves his. Even wears them fishing 'coz he needs his fingers free but keep his hands warm. He says it's really strange how even his fingers stay warm even tho they aren't covered. He thinks I'm a genius and I hope no one tells him differently, LOL.