Friday, September 07, 2007

Summer of Love Lace Socks in Progress




















I admit, I haven't been one to knit lace socks. They just seem too fussy and, well, a bit holey and not a bit Holy.

But I have been on an anklet kick lately, and when this kit from the Rockin' Sock Club came in the mail, I could not resist.

If you look closely, you will see the double points with the point protectors. That is how I knit this lace edging and then transferred it to the circulars. I know, I could have/should have used the circulars. What was I thinking (or not thinking). I may use them for the remainder of the sock, though.

If you are in the club and haven't started these socks yet, don't wait! They are more fun than I thought they would be and may push me toward knitting lace (egad).







And on the little bag front, I have to sew up the bottoms and felt them and then try to find some really nice ribbon for the closure. I have not yet found a satisfactory ribbon for these. I'm leaning toward satin ribbon

Any suggestions?

No comments: