Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Summer of Love Lace Socks - Finished!


Yarn: Socks That Rock "Flower Power"

Pattern:
Summer of Love Lace from Rockin' Sock Club August 2007

Needles: #1 Quicksilver dpns

Comments: This is one elegant sock pattern designed by JC Briar. Everything in the pattern flows smoothly, and I plan to make these again!

I followed the pattern exactly this time, but might change the heel next time since I don't use a slip stitch on most of my heels. It makes the socks a bit too bulky for my shoes. I suppose some day when they wear out at that point, I will wish that I had. Still, it seems to me that it would be easier to repair a plain knit stitch heel than a slip stitch. Any experience with this, readers?






And, as always, the yarn from Blue Moon Fiber Arts is a real treat to work with. It's beautiful, with unique colors, keeps its shape and is very forgiving if you have to frog it.

The only thing I would change about BMFA yarn would be to make the lightweight skeins at least 400 yards instead of 350.

And I must apologize for not blocking these beauties; I simply could not wait to show them off!

Wanted to add the temporary tattoo to my leg; maybe later. Maybe never.

1 comment:

Guinifer said...

You cracked those out pretty quickly. Nice job, they're lovely.