Monday, September 17, 2007

The '50s Convertible - and More Yarn


Yarn: Opal Socken Zirkus (Circus Socks? There are clowns on the label.)

Pattern: My own

Needles: #1 Quicksilver dpns

Comments: The color of these socks just reminds me of the 1950s. I call them convertibles because the tops can be folded down and still look sleek because the stockinette stitch then sits discreetly underneath the ribbing without adding bulk to the ankle area.

The yarn has a Shetland feel and look to it. It's very nice, but also very different from the Shi Bui or Socks that Rock yarn in that it doesn't have the tight twist that they do.


















Speaking of Socks that Rock yarn, somebody in this household was a very bad girl!

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

The socks are really pretty. I love the colorway. Also like that blue STR - think I actually own that other colorway....

Jen said...

STR....yum!

Love the 1950s socks too. :)

elizabeth said...

That's not so bad. The package I got from BlueMoon the other day had 5 skeins in it along with 2 patterns and a pair of sock blockers :) Then there were the 2 others boxes of yarn that I won't get in to....