Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rainy Day Socks - Finished!

Pattern: The Sock Pattern to End All Sock Patterns by Anne at Knitspot.

Yarn: MC, Lorna's Laces. CC, Regia Silk.

Needles: #1 Susan Bates Quicksilver double points.


Comments: This is a very nice pattern. It allows you a custom fit for your foot in circumference, length, and the sock height. I used the short row heel, my first time doing one in a knit stitch where you pick up and knit wraps. The stitch at the heel turned out to be, let's say, a bit decorative. Having since read a bit more about short rows, I can see my error and hope to correct it next time.

Kitchenering the tip of the toe was also new to me, although I have done the stitch on the bottom of the foot to join a garter toe. This type of toe is not as good a look on my foot as the rosebud finish, but it is certainly less bulky.

The heel is a good fit for my skinny heels, but I'd like to try making the heel a bit larger, especially if using a contrasting color on the heel.

As always, Lorna's Laces is a great yarn to work with and so is Regia Silk.

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

Just look at those pretty feet in their pretty socks! I really hated my short row heels - I guess if I practiced, I might like them better, but I just get such satisfaction in the construction of a heel flap.

Kathy said...

Sounds like you learned a great deal with this project. Shortrow heels take a little while to perfect them, but I personally like the look.

These socks look great from where I sit! Good job. Love the colors too.

Jen said...

Loving the socks, as always! :)