Friday, August 31, 2007

The Little Bag


Doesn't it look like a gray flannel suit--with bow? It's hard to see, but there are little green sparkles in this yarn.

It's a prototype for a little gift. I'll be felting it a bit more and making two more of them for some very special friends.

Today is a celebration day! I thank God that my surgery for skin cancer yesterday and the day before has been successful. We caught it early which minimized disfigurement under my right eye. Accumulated tans over the years caught up with me. My days in the sun are over, and I will be on the lookout for any more "barnacles" on this old ship. I have convinced at least one person to have an annual full body scan for skin cancer, and I plan to take my own advice. I need to use sunscreen daily and wear proper clothing and a hat when working outside!

But I am still here.

4 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

The little bag reminds me of one I knit. Very nice. Congratulations on successful surgery. It's good to be alive & well.

You asked about worrying when wearing lace and snagging it ... yup, it's a worry. Especially when you wear jewelry with curls of wire, etc. Even my own fingernails can be a problem. So I pick my jewelry carefully and file my nails before takin the stole out. Worth it tho. I just love this stole and can't wait to wear it out to dinner. It won't get worn to work tho, LOL. And BTW, it's surprising warm. So light, but warm.

renee said...

I'm so glad your surgery was successful!

Your bag is so cute. I bought a couple of skeins of that yarn to do some felting, too. I was thinking a little booga bag, but maybe a cute little bag with a ribbon.....

Jen said...

I am glad to hear that your surgery went well. :)

That little bag is so cute. I just love it!

Have a good weekend!

Kathy said...

I am glad that your surgery went well. I wish for you good heath - always!