Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Woolly Bullies--Finished!



Pattern:
Morehouse Farm's Natural Merino Sock Kit

Yarn: Morehouse Merino 3-Strand in Natural Brown Heather

Needles: Knitpicks #4 Double Points

Comments: I truly love Morehouse Farm's yarn and the natural colors. It's so rugged looking but so soft. I remembered to reinforce the heels, but was so absorbed in the book I was listening to (The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey) that I forgot to reinforce the toes!



And these socks are destined to be worn next winter with my Fatbaby boots, which were a concession to the cowboy boots I promised myself before I leave this world.


It's not winter yet, but I like this proverb:

"One kind word can warm three winter months."
...Japanese Proverb

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

OMG, those boots! Where did you find those boots! Love. The socks are perfect with them as well.

Indie Mama said...

great winter socks (and the boots are awesome!)

Missmalice said...

You are one fast knitter. Love the boots too - they are awesome!