Saturday, May 19, 2007

Summer Knitting

Just started this linen washcloth from Theresa Gaffey's patterns in Knitter's Stash. Theresa is one of the managers at The Yarnery in St. Paul.

After the last wild socks I made, this seems more like it. Some of us are just more comfortable with neutrals. I could live with all neutrals, but they would need pleasingly proportioned texture to keep them from being too boring even for me, and these washcloth patterns have that.

At the LYS where I purchased my linen yarn, one of the staff told me that he makes tee shirts out of this yarn. I think I would like one of those. If I could get a discount.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I would let you know how the Plain Vanilla white cotton socks washed and wore. I wore them a whole day and have washed them twice. They wash beautifully and keep their shape while wearing. And feel great! Time will tell how quickly they get holes.