Thursday, May 10, 2007

Summer Anklets in Progress


You might think that socks so ordinary and plain would have been one of the first that I made. Somehow, white cotton just doesn't jump off the shelves at you; there's just too much color competition. It took a trip to Florida for me to notice this mostly cotton sock yarn.

Although I have some concern about how they will wash--and wear--I really like the way it is knitting up and suspect that these socks will become favorites. It's soft and has quite a bit more resilience than I thought it would have. I liked it so much I bought it in another color just the other day and plan to do another plain pair.

Egad! What if I end up doing only plain vanilla socks for the rest of my life? Will I be shunned by the knitting blogosphere? Will no one subscribe to my RSS feed? Who would comment on my lovely plain offerings?

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Never fear...Your fellow Minnesota bloggers will not abandon you!

Guinifer said...

Oh. My. Word. Do you have any idea how filthy those would be if I were knitting them?