Sunday, May 27, 2007

Silkies in the Wild Tide

On the feet...

and on the flat.

Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Silkie yarn in the colourway "Walking on the Wild Tide"
Pattern: My own remix
Needles: #1 (2.25) Double Points
Comments: I started the Rockin' Sock Club's "Grasshopper' pattern and got halfway into the foot area when I realized they were too big. It was my own fault; I started the large size. But although I thought the "Grasshopper" pattern was lovely, I felt a plain stockinette would really let this beautiful yarn shine. Hence the result.

I still want to make the "Grasshopper" pattern in another yarn. But this yarn was fabulous to knit with and feels like heaven on my feet. Over time, it will be interesting to see how it wears.

2 comments:

Vera H. said...

Nice job on the socks! I'm still deciding what to do with my yarn.

Jen said...

Love the socks! The yarn is beautiful! :)