Friday, May 25, 2007

Did Andy Warhol Knit?



Since some of the blogs I like to read have shown their knitting bags, I thought a glimpse of mine might be fun.

As knitting bags go, this is one of my favorites. Of course, it's just a tote, but the interior sports pockets for two cell phones and a pda plus a key holder. The tag said it was from the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Arts. Look closely at the inside of the handles and you will see two of Andy Warhol's famous quotations:
  • "In the future, everybody will be famous for fifteen minutes."
  • "I am a deeply superficial person."
When his work was first popular, I lived in a small town in Iowa. I read of his work and also his social life in my magazine subscriptions. The subscriptions were my window to the world. The soup cans were very popular, but I also liked his portraits of famous people.

No comments: