Monday, April 02, 2007

Work Socks--Finished!

Yarn: Lana Gross Meilenweit and Brown Sheep Wildfoote sock yarns

Pattern: Striping borrowed from Hiiumaa socks by Nancy Bush in her book, Knitting on the Road. I also used the heel in this pattern, because I think it's really nice, and I did it in white.

Needles: Susan Bates Silvalume #1

And way more weaving in of loose ends than I care to think about.

These are the kind of socks one grabs for everyday, to wear with your jeans or sweats. They pull on easily and don't squeeze your toes or ankles like store-bought socks can do on a foot like mine. The color is neutral enough to go with lots of other colors, and I like the tweedy effect the yarn gives when knitted.








And here's a side view of the Work Socks.

This is my 22nd pair of socks since the middle of June, 2006. My formerly unpublished goal was to make 24 full-sized pair before the year is up. Goals are good. The pressure is on. If I make my goal, then I can relax and go on to other things. But I probably will still always have a pair of socks on the needles. It just seems right.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I do like those socks a lot! I like the tweed effect from the yarn too!