Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bearfoot Ankles - Finished!

Woman Accomplishes Knitting Goal in Ten Months!

When I started, I had an unspoken goal to make 24 pair of socks in a year and my goal has been met with these.

Here is my 24th pair of socks since about the middle of June, 2006, when I made my very first sock! To say that I am hooked on socks is an understatement. There's just something so satisfying about making--and wearing--and giving--them.


Yarn:
Mountain Colors Bearfoot "Elderberry."
Pattern: Ankle Socks
Needles: Susan Bates Quicksilver #1 dp's.
Comments: I liked this vintage pattern and plan to use it again mainly because I have more skeins of yarn that have less than 400 yards, and this pattern took just under 350 yards.

The Bearfoot yarn is really beautiful, and it knits up in nice, even stitches. It's a hefty wool yarn with 25% Mohair and 15% Nylon. Curiously, the ball band on this says the needle size is 3-4, but I have another skein which is definitely Bearfoot and it reads Needle size 1-2 or 4-6. Hmmm.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on reaching your goal! And the socks look great too!

Also, thanks for the comment on my blog. Lace knitting does seem to be going pretty fast for me. The pattern is pretty easy so I have in memorized which helps. I think if you have a complicated pattern it could slow things down a lot!

:)

Guinifer said...

The fabric it makes is so soft and warm also.
Congrats on reaching your goal!